Pastor Heidi Punt is a native of South Africa. She attended the University of South Africa where she earned a Bachelor of Theology majoring in New Testament Studies and Missiology. She attended the Lutheran House of Studies in Pietermartizburg (RSA) where she earned an MDIV equivalent. She has additional studies at Wartburg Theological Seminary in Dubuque, Iowa.
Pastor Punt has served:
- Intern Chaplain at Good Samaritan Nursing Home in Flanagan, IL,
- Vicar at St. Andrews, East London, Eastern Cape, Republic of South Africa
- Interim Pastor, St. Paul Lutheran Church, Roberts, IL and St. Peter Lutheran, Melvin, IL
- Pastor of St. John’s Lutheran Church, Flanagan, IL
- Pastor of St. Peter’s, Dwight, IL
- Contractual Pastor of First Lutheran, Pontiac, IL
- Pastor of Christ United Lutheran, Granite Falls, NC
She has served on the following boards and committees:
- Volunteer Chaplain and Board Member, Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Flanagan, IL
- Assistant to the Dean of Central Southern IL Synod
- Candidacy Committee of Tri-Synod Conference, IL
- Mission Committee, Illinois Synod
- Mission Developer, ELCA
- Volunteer Chaplain, Dwight Correctional Center
- Stephen’s Ministry Trainer
- Carolinas Mission District Ex. Board
- Global Confessional and Missional Lutheran Forum, NALC Representative
- Carolina’s Youth Board
- NALC Vetting Panel
- Luther League Catawba Valley
She is married to Pastor Dieter Punt and they have three children. Angelique is living in Botswana, Nadia is a student at Appalachian State University, and Michael is currently enrolled at Mitchel Community College working toward transfer to NC State University.
She was granted citizenship in summer 2019.